Novioscan BV, founded in 2014, develops smart and wearable ultrasound solutions for the healthcare market. The first Novioscan product is the bladder monitor SENS-U™ that entered the market in 2018. It is a wearable bladder monitor for children, that keeps track of the bladder filling and warns the user or caregiver when the bladder is getting full, so unwanted urinary loss can be prevented. A future product will be an ultrasound-based wearable device for use by adults with bladder-related problems.
We have an enthusiastic team with different backgrounds and experiences, and we have offices in Nijmegen and Utrecht.
Job description Electrical Designer:
Electrical engineers at Novioscan designs, develops and maintains electrical systems and components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
They are involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover to production. As well as having technical knowledge, engineers need to be able to manage a project.
Primary responsibilities are:
• Propose system partitioning options from an electrical design point of view;
• Draft electronic designs of potential products or enhance existing products;
• Use models or simple prototypes to demonstrate product potential;
• Specify, built and test the electronics for product ideas;
• Research design trends and product limitations;
• Develop manufacturing protocols.
Typical work activities
In Novioscan you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team, which include engineers from other specialist areas such as software designers, medical technicians, marketing and sales staff, manufacturers and other technicians. You are involved in every stage of design and development.
The range of activities is likely to include:
• Identifying customer requirements;
• Designing systems and products;
• Reading design specifications and technical drawings;
• Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales;
• Making models and prototypes of products using design software;
• Liaising with others in the design team;
• Liaising with clients and contractors;
• Designing and conducting tests;
• Recording, analyzing and interpreting test data;
• Proposing modifications and retesting products;
• Qualifying the final product or system;
• Preparing product documentation, writing reports and giving presentations;
• Monitoring a product in use to improve on future design.
• Education in HTS/TU Electronics, or equivalent;
• System design and layout, insight in packaging options;
• Analogue electronic design, digital electronics;
• Affinity with the healthcare industry;
• Team player, being able to communicate in English and Dutch.
What we offer:
We offer you a dynamic environment, a competitive salary and room for personal development. You will have your base in Nijmegen.
Interested please contact us:
Reinout.Woltjer@novioscan.nl, +31-6-30222027 (CTO)